Loren's Gloranthan Monsters and Questlines II

From: Neil Robinson <neilr_at_gonzo.wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:24:54 +0000

Hi,

PRESS RELEASE: As your up-and-coming-soon-to-be-totally-official North American Tales Rep, I'll be picking up copies of Questlines II for the North American market. If you are definately interested, please let me know so I can estimate how many to bring back.

Loren wrote:
> Griffin becomes a creature with a lion's body and an owl's head and wings.
- -.
> Scorpionmen become mosquito men.

- -..
> Pikemen, swim out of the lake, covered with pike scales, with sharp teeth
> and big mouths like a huge pike, are cannibals, and love to eat the
> mosquitomen

Wonderful! Now the Carmanian children can be threatened with REAL terrors in their bedtime stores. "Be quiet or we'll feed you to the pikemen." Maybe the name could be improved, but the folklore-based concept is most appropriate.

I always considered the wholescale stealing of 'earthly' monsters for Glorantha to be one of the weaker points of the world. In Jeff's ToDP game we worry about Broo and Trolls (and the most foul of monsters, an Orleving), but there are no real Sartarite monsters for the kids to fear. It would have been perfect during the initiation rituals we just ran.

Something to think/write about on the 15 hour flight to Australia.

Neil
Neil Robinson 2650 NW 58th St. Unit 1 neilr_at_wolfenet.com Seattle, WA 98107 USA Tel: (206) 706-3250