Poisoned Shore, Falabdur Line

From: Dave Black <dav_blak_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:37:42 -0500 (EST)

I'm wondering if anyone knows details about the "Poisoned Shore" area along the southern edge of the Wastes. It appears on the map in the middle of the Book of Drastic Resolutions - Volume Prax.

Members of my Campaigns should avert their eyes and read no further in this message.

I am currently running a campaign at the mouth of the Zola Fel and was thinking of incorporating some side adventures to the east and west of Corflu in that swampy area that follows the seacoast.

One of the ideas I had was to place a secret Duck breeding experiment in that area. I'd like to use this as a vehicle to introduce a less cartoonish version of the Duck species to my game. After 20 generations of this secret breeding program I envision that the inhabitants of this colony now resemble penguins more than Ducks. The major difference would be that instead of wings they would have arms.

Of course if there are already things that have been determined to exist in that area of Glorantha I may have to tailor or abandon the whole idea and thus the posting to the group at large...

On another subject I wonder of anyone has come up with an explanation as to why on Page 7 of River of Cradles they refer to one Koronius Falabdur for the year 1612 and to Gharan Falabdur for 1615? Meanwhile on Page 35 they say that the Falabdur family ended when the heir was cursed by an enchanted hyena skin and forced to march into the Vulture Country. Presumably Koronius was the son of Falabdur and, in order to have the family line die out, Falabdur must have passed on sometime between 1612 and 1615 - right?

Any thoughts would be greatfully accepted...