Female ZZ, and sex amons Uz

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:12:38 +0200 (EET)

Do you all see ZZ as having female (troll) members?

Female Uz are held in very high regard in society. Fighters need to be (relatively) expendable, and female Uz aren=B4t.=20

The only ZZ group I've focused on is "Zator Chaosbane's Death Patrol". Zator is a distant descendant of Gerak Kag, and a bit of an traditionalist, as can be seen from the name of his troop. Zator is a brother of the _Patriarch_ of the pavic Trolls, and "Death Patrol" is a very sophisticated *gasp* bunch, for ZZ worsippers.   Anyways... There are no Females in Death Patrol. This is mainly because even this elite group of fighters is seen by clan matrons as unfit compan= y
for their prescious daughters (and I think Zator thinks it would compromise his leadership).
  I think ZZ is sort of a pressure valve in troll society. The average male Uz is a tame second class citizen (at least sociologically). The mor= e
anarchistic males have the ZZ troops, where they can hang "among the guys" without bossy females, and generally be really butch :) . A female demanding obediance and used to the comforts of home wouldn't really fit the picture.=20
  I would think that there could be ZZ groups wich include females. These groups would either have quite a lot of authority problems (if the female wasn't in charge) or dissidense (if she was). Maybe we could have a femal= e
who has given up her claim of superiority... sort of trollish "just one o= f
the guys" tomboy. Such a female would propably fit in rather nicely, but she would propably be from a family very low on the hierarchy of troll society.
  Mind you I don't hold with the recent thread of ZZ sexual perversions.=20 I see Uz sexuality as very primal, but I don't mean it in any kinky sense. Darkness is the oldest part of the world, and also the seat of the most basic feelings and insticts, like _hunger_ and _fear_. I think trollish insticts are very effectively geared into making little trolls. They don'= t
have the traumatic and (psychologically) complex sexuality of humans. Genetics don't apply in Glorantha, in the sense that you will not find DN= A
with the finest Dwarven magnifier, but _evolution_ does apply. The world would be _much_ more alien a place if the basic drives for continuation o= f
you own bloodline didn't apply, since this is one of the most basic drive= s
even in modern humans (alas). I don't think Uz have complex enough sexuality to develop homosexuality (and other forms of sex only aimed at pleasure and not reproduction). I think trolls view the pleasure of sex deriving directy from the fact that Kyger Litor is pleased when they attempt to make little Uz. This is how animistic people on earth saw things, and considering all the fertility dances of trolls, who can say they are not correct.
  So I think ZZ males mate mostly like other trolls. Propably some Fems like them for the their (cute?) fierce independence, and many others find them impertinent and discusting.
  Oh yes! I almost forgot. I think the only _males_ to commit rape among the Uz come from among the ZZ. This is not "perverted" as such, since biologically it is still an attempt to reproduce. I bet troll society in general doesn't see things quite like this tough, and the perpetrators ge= t
hunted down by Karrgs Sons and killed (possibly torn apart by a group of enraged females). Actually I would imagine many of the famous showdowns between Karrg and ZZ worshippers deriving originally from such incidents.

So there... comments anyone?

        -Mikko, the Adept

PS. I just have to add an anecdote here. Back in stone age, I knew a rather wacky quy, who dabbled with RQ occasionally. In a game of his some troll PC:s were having a discussion about an elf who had just departed. They tought there was something disturbing about this Rapier wielding, tights wearing caracter, but neither of them had the necessary consepts and words for the subject. The conversation went something like this.

Oh him. Not a bad sort, for an elf, but there was something...

Yeah. Reminds me of a troll I once knew. Now he was a weird sort. Sort of... He was a bit like... Well, he could draw really well you see. Didn'= t
much care for the girls either. A weird sort... *trailing off*

I laughed so hard I nearly died... =3DD