Uleria

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:30:08 -0000

An idea came to me on the discussion about the place of Uleria in Orlanthi mythology:

The reason why she 'doesn't fit in' is because she realy is... Ernalda! Uleria and Ernalda are one and the same. Uleria is the erotical manifestation of the mother goddess. Why a separate manifestation? I can suppose it should have to do with pre-historic events: Uleria was the primal manifestation of Ernalda: Uleria / Ernalda the seductress, the goddess that seduced the mighty Orlanth. When the darkness came, in the fight for survival Ernalda could not allow herselve the freedom of eroticism. So her erotic self gained an independent existance under the guise of Uleria.
The creation of time forced the two manifestations to remain separate. This would be a secret just known to high priestesses of Uleria and Ernalda.

Sergio