Re: Orlanthi Elementals

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 07:45:07 -0500

______________ _________
Peter Metcalfe writes re: Stephen's proposal:

> Looking at information about the standard Orlanthi priests from
> various sources, virtually none of them appear to command elementals
> other than sylphs. So why should we start giving them salamanders,
> undines, gnomes and shades now?

I think Stephen may be missing the obvious, here. If it's the case that the cults of Orlanth, Yelm, etc. are *so* locally dominant that they'd effectively have access to any kind of elemental, presumably this access is obtained by commanding or requesting a local priest of an appropriate Elemental deity to produce said elemental, pronto.

Thus Yelm priests would command Oslira to send forth Undines, or Dendara to produce Calm Sylphs, or whatever -- and wouldn't need to muddy their hands with "impure", non-Yelmic magic.

And if Yelm priests can't find obedient members of "friendly" cults to perform said services, well, they hardly deserve access to those elementals, then, do they?

::::
Nick
::::