power levels again, and celebrities

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:19:17 -0500 (EST)

Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>:

> . . . Few of us, I expect,
> run games where the likes of Onslaught would face the slightest
> challenge from established opposition . . .

I've played in a campaign where at least one player character was at Onslaught's level. As a team we would have massacred him, chopped him to bits in seconds.

(Most of us would have respected a challenge to single combat -- would it be beneath Onslaught's dignity to protect *himself* by such a challenge?)

I've also run a campaign in which the PCs were all RQ3 sixteen-year-olds, with only their "base" skill levels and no possessions but their clothing (at game start).

> I think the advice in the Genertela Book is wrong, wrong, wrong (if
> it meant "don't let them interact with PCs"): what's the point of
> playing in Glorantha if you can't meet up with the Greatest Living
> Gloranthans?

Absolutely correct. For that matter, one published scenario has the players encounter (an) Argrath-in-disguise. - --
Carl Fink carlf_at_dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
<http://dm.net>