Re: Starting a campaign, blank heroes

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 23:46:08 +0000

Richard said:
> Well, I read and I read and I read and I never seem to reach the end of
> all the information available on Glorantha.
Me too. Keep trying - another ten years may do it.

> ... (the Giant Cradle) - an event
> which I would definately want my adventurers involved in. I don't
> understand why that scenario was not re-published - I feel any Pavis
> campaign set at 1621 is sabotaged without it.
I thought this until I actually got to read it. It's a linear-plot Lunar-bash. Very tough, but requiring zero PC initiative. Try setting your campaign back to 1616 or so (the original Borderlands date), then you've got five game years to play with. Or even earlier.

I thought this myself. The collection of all I could find on Pent is at: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/pbem/backgnd/pent.htm Nothing new or exciting, but it may help.

> Pent seems like a good place to transport the AH Vikings box set. This
> is all pretty self-contained stuff which could be made reasonably
> Gloranthan (or at least not non-Gloranthan). I like a Scandinavian look
> and feel.

In Pent??? Surely Mongols, Skythians, or some other horse-nomad type would be more suited to the place. I don't remember any Scandanavian horse nomads myself - anyone want to tell me about some?

If you want Scandanavian, surely you need a land/sea mix with no horses. The Wolf Pirates are Hollywood Vikings, of course, or Heortland would be the next closest I can think of. (I prefer Joerg's version, but your tastes may differ).

On Blank Heroes and Blank Deeds: how about killing the Bat? We all know it was defeated at Whitewall, but has the method or the list of combatants ever been made official? Maybe Broyan got your PCs to do the job.

Who actually was it who summoned the Brown Dragon? We know a few of the names, but not all: maybe they were PCs?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/