Giants and Fish-Folk and Spiders, Oh My!

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:10:51 -0800

richard asked about a Gloranthan setting for the Giants/Drow Modules, and loving Trolls as I do ;-) just have to point out that they would be perfectly suited to ocur in the (Rockwood? no map with me, and a brain like a seive) mountains north of Dagori Inkarth, and would of course end up in CliffHome, where Crag(Lolth)spider spins her dire webs.

The Giants, are of course bog-standard giants, the Kua-Tao(I REALLY hope I spelled that wrong, I'd hate to have to admit remembering THAT) could be warped dragonnewts or newtlings or even Sea Trolls. The Dark Elves, can become gloranthan Black Elves, (just subtract 2d6 from thier SIZ, and consider the Illustrations to be what THEY think they look like ;-) or, ADD 2d6 to siz, and give them some big teeth, trade those purty li'l hand crossbows for slings, and they are Dark Trolls. (same applies for the Illus... )

voila! instant gloranthan adventure!

and by all means, don't let US persuade you not to do it! If Greg can kill off the Devil with a d6, and toss in Uncle Scrooge on a whim, YOU have every right to Plug in whatever works for you. There is no NEED to keep everything "correct," unless you intend to publish the results. Even then, you can use the adventures, (that series especially) and keep the rest of your setting "correct" There is no reason that Cragspider couldn't be Lolth in YOUR glorantha, and all the rest of the world stay "correct."

Just don't Let us scholers know about yer schenanigans with old suplements from that OTHER GAME (ack! spit! Greg Preaserve Us!) and everything will work out fine.

I personally think it'll fit in with a minimum of modification, and a minimum of impact on other areas of the world.

danm