Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #343

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:56:49 -0800 (PST)

Miko,

Valid point that we are not talking humans here, Good failsafe argument. All I'm saying, is there is no reason that trolls wouldn't develop unfortunate sexual behaviors, in our eyes, and not consider them normal. This might reasonably be heightened by the inequality in power between female and male. I still disagree that the male reproductive strategy is going to be at core much different than the human male. Rape as a successful reproductive strategy has as a rule been unsuccessful here. Agression is in both cases going to be against the competition not the female, in the case of trolls, most definitely not against the female. The male still has to outshine the rest or maybe overshadow would be a better term. K strategy reproduction is correct, I suspect, but not so overwhelming as you imply. Troll reproduction is slowed down by the curse as much as anything. Trolls are as a group, violent and unpleasant. They are also fun to play. Trying to make them the noble misunderstood savage cuts the guts out of them.

                        Allen