Glorantha Con 7

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:08:14 GMT

Here's Roderick's extended write-up on Glorantha-Con 7.

Shannon
- --

			    Issaries Inc.
			 in association with
				Gamex

			       presents

			   Glorantha Con 7
			   May 22-25, 1998
			  LAX Wyndham Hotel
		       Los Angeles, California

			Watch for updates on:
		       http://www.glorantha.com

Robin Laws - Author, Glorantha The Roleplaying Game Greg Stafford - Creator of Glorantha SEMINARS Robin Laws: Discusses GtRPG, "Things I learned about Glorantha writing the RPG"

Jeff Richards: Secrets of the Orlanthi - Revealed!

Greg Stafford: What is Mythology, Mythology of the Red Moon, Stafford Reads

OTHER EVENTS Live Action Trollball
Storytelling

GAMES Glorantha Roleplaying

  The new Glorantha the Roleplaying Game will be unveiled at Glorantha   Con 7! We will be running sessions of the new game every day to   ensure that everyone gets a chance to see the new mechanics in   action.

Three Heads are Better than One: Holy Week in the Temple of Thanatar James B. Chapin

  A 40 player LARP. It's High Holy Day in Knocksberry. Well, if you   worship Thanatar, the Severed God, it is. There's quite a   celebration, and lots to prepare: food, drink... and did you   remember to bring the sacrifices? Join gentle headhunters and mad   diplomats, savage prisoners and friendly head ghosts, for intrigue,   heroics, and violent dismemberment. Parental Guidance recommended.

Preregistration is $27.50 through May 1, 1998. Checks and money orders must be in U.S. funds and should be made out to "Strategicon." Please mail them to:

  GloranthaCon c/o Janice Sellers
  Chaosium, Inc.
  950 56th St.
  Oakland, CA 94608

Hotel Information

The convention will take place at the LAX Wyndham Hotel, 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045; (310) 670-9000. Room reservations must be made directly with the Wyndham. The convention room rate is $84 (plus taxes)/night for a single, double, triple, or quad. The cut-off date for this rate is May 8, 1998.

The Wyndham runs a free shuttle between the hotel and L.A. International Airport.

For those driving, parking at the hotel is $6/day ($9 for valet parking) with convention validation, and free (but still $9/day for valet parking) for hotel guests.

Forms for seminars, events, and game submission follow. Email addresses they should be sent to are listed.

Seminars - We are looking for lectures, panels, debates or any other form of seminar for the edification of the convention members.

Events - We are already planning on having Live-action Trollball and a Storytelling session, but can use other non-game and non-seminar events.

Games - We need Gamemasters to run games, We prefer Glorantha-specific games, in any system; Miniatures, Runequest, Gurps, etc.

Gloranth the Roleplaying Game - We are looking for experienced Glornathan GMs to run sessions of the new Glorantha the RPG. GtRPG gamemasters will play a game with Robin as he explains the rules, and will be expected to run one or two games (scenario provided) at GloranthaCon. Priority for GMs will be for experienced Glorantha GMs who plan to attend Origins and/or GenCon.

Send to: Roderick_J_Robertson_at_ccm.sc.intel.com

Your Name:
Email Address:
Address:
Phone Number: