This and that: Uleria and Uz.

From: Pasanen Panu <passo_at_students.cc.tut.fi>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:10:05 +0200 (EET)

 David Weihe:

> > > But you could substitute Joe from RW to a human
> > > village, and he would not be seeing any more monsters than
> > > here.
> This idea is as valid as saying that the Ivar the Norse cottar from the
> 8th century AD never sees Finns, those strange and magical beings, because
> they are unimaginatively placed in the fens at the edges of the world.

 Don't you then admit that norse people thought that Finns were  magigal people, able to command spirits of nature and able to  cast spells? I have had this impression from the history books.  RW examples show, that unknown neighbour is often imagined to be  far worse/weirder than really is.

> Likewise, you are looking at it purely from the human point of view.
> I wouldn't be surprized if Uz children are warned to be good, or the
> fire and iron wielding hoomans will come and get them some day (as in
> daytime, now time off in the future). Otherwise, how often does the
> average Uz in Dagori Inkarth see humans?

 Yes, my POV was human. They should see humans on ZZ feasts, as one  of the main courses.

 Stephen Martin and Frank Rafaelsen, both doing good job about it,  wrote on Ulerians:

> As far as I can see uleria cultists in peloria could be both
> hetae, ganika and devadasi. They would not be the common prostitutes but
> rather the kind of courtesans that love sick poets write tragedies about,
> women admired and fought over by armies of menn (and perhaps women).

 Dunno about that, but I do know a common Ulerian advertising slogan:  "Masturbation makes you go blind - worship ceremonies upon request!"

 Tee-hee. Someone also wrote if that Argan Argari troll would join  Uleria: no, methinks. Troll goddess of sexual pleasure, love and  shit like that is KL.

 Panu Pasanen.