Deicide

From: Mark Sabalauskas <marks_at_tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:02:03 -0500 (EST)

> Not quite. It's that in Glorantha, events of vast importance tend to
> occur because historic, mythic and cultural trends build up until a
> catastrophic resolution is the only way for the cosmos to survive; not

        Yeah, well, I think we can cut Gygax a little slack when it comes to GDQ, after all, this was really early in the history of our hobby. And, in any event, I'm not at all sure Lloth's death could be considered an event of "vast importance", there are 665 other planes full of demonic foes...

> because a group of player characters have more hit points and better
> magic weapons than a deity, and choose to kill it simply because they
> can.

        Gee, I'll have to run down to Apple Lane and tell the Great Lizard Mother that she has nothing at all to worry about. :-)