Uleria ; Free Services

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:12:31 +0100 (MET)

Mike Cule asked :
>One of my PCs is an Argan Argar troll trader who has just escaped from an
>island on which he was trapped for a year as the sex-slave of a sea nymph. He
>wants to take advantage of the increase this has caused in his Craft:Courtesan
>skill to join the Uleria cult. Does anyone think there is a market for a troll
>gigolo in Refuge?

In my Refuge, this Uz Ulysses could find at least two versions of Ulerian activities in the Street of Red Lanterns.

Myrtis runs a real Temple of Uleria. In Frank Rafaelsen's classification, the Initiates are "Auletrides" (Geisha?), "Devadasi", "Ganika" or "Hetairai" (Demi-Mondaines, dancers, highly cultivated courtesans like the famous Aspasia).
They can be "social psychotherapists" as described by Pam Carlson but they don't make contraceptives (they have to buy them to Alten Stulwig, an apothicary known for his lecherousness). Near the temple, Macwen sells some leather tools US Laws of Deccency would prohibit to describe.

Amoli's Lily Garden is simply a brothel where the prostitutes are oppressed and addicted to hazia by Madame Amoli.

There is a connection between Eros and Eris (the Greek Trickster-figure). See the myth of Paris and the Golden Apple. :)

Fred

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #361