RW yes

From: Vesa Lehtinen <akuleh_at_sci.fi>
Date: Tue Jan 27 04:38:43 1998

Nick Brooke notes:
>Before our foreign chums misinterpret me: I'm not saying "We
>should turn Glorantha into a parody/pastiche of the real world."
>I'm saying that, by keeping an eye open for cases where a RW
>parallel Opens Doors, we can all save ourselves time and trouble.

        I am not against using RW parallels at all - I am using them all the time - but I still think that not _everything_ should be judged by 20th century standards and models. There is enough of that in an average AD&D module where modern morality is used in pseudo-medieval setting.

        (Surprisingly, there appears to be another standard apparently used by many Finnish FRPG GMs - use only _medieval_ analogies. Which is about as limited IMO.)

        And the following if a RW example when Kevin Rose says
>But maybe not by public appearances. Did not the Japanese emperor speak
>publicly for the first time at the end of world war 2, when he announced
>the surrender?

        My point exactly. People have no "access" to a divine emperor. And I still think that part of the "MP transfer ceremonies" contains a part that lets the emperor to "touch the soul of his subjects".

Peter Metcalphe
>I think that
>given Sartar's popularity, every tribe in Sartar claims to have had
>its roots in the Orshanti clan.

        I agree. However, Sartar being a "civilizing influence" from Esrolia makes sense to me. However, that also could be seen as pro-Esrolian propaganda...

Vesa Lehtinen