Re: Alchemical Thingamajig

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:06:28 -0500

Erik asks:

> I'll avoid breaking the rules by asking a question: I don't own the
> Dragon Pass boardgame - what the heck does the Dwarf's Alchemical =

> Thingamajig do? And I do not mean exact game effects, but what it is =

> supposed to do in Glorantha?

A man who Knows All about the cornils can break the rules, AFAIC*.

In "Dragon Pass", the Alchemical Transformer (known as the "Alchemical Transmogrifier to those in the know, if you know what I mean) has the wonderfully special effect of doubling the Range or Magic Factor of any magical unit stacked with it. What's that mean "in Glorantha"? I dunno: ask the Dwarf.

: The Alchemical Transformer was a marvellous piece of equipment, built
: from philosophers' dreams, arcane apparatus, and dwarf ingenuity. Its
: parts were loaded on sturdy wagons, which were drawn by blind cave oxen=
,
: and it was tended by devoted human worshippers.

::::
Nick
::::

*AFAIC =3D As Far As I Care.