Glorantha Con DU; MOB's Glorantha Page - Update

From: Michael O'Brien <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:36:59 +1100

G'day all,

Glorantha Con Down Under

I had fun at GCDU over the past weekend. I enjoyed GMing all my MGF stuff (including my new one "The Getting of Wisdom") and had a great time playing in Jeff and Neil's "Fall of the House of Malan" (I was Malan. I fell.) Like RQ Con Down Under two years ago, the con was marked by incredibly weird unseasonal weather, and about 20 minutes into "Life of Moonson" we had to clear the entire building due to a water leak setting off a fire alarm! For a moment I thought this would be the death of the LARP, but stood amazed as characters simply continued their wheeler-dealing, huddled outside in the wind and rain, until the fire brigade let us back inside.

In a weekend of disturbing sights, probably the most disturbing was Andrew Bean, sporting pigtails and in his wife's red dress, prancing about as the Red Dancer of Power in LoM. Given that many players received their character packs at the con, costumes for both LARPS were really good, and many participants took scenery-chewing to new heights.

It was great seeing a lot of the usual suspects from the overseas cons (assorted Davids, Kevin Jacklin, Sandy Petersen, Ingo, etc.), and meeting many familiar faces from the first RQ Con Down Under at Bayswater again. Thanks Andrew, Martin, Hugh and Peter for the weekend!

MOB's Glorantha Page - Update

As noted in Questlines II, I've just added a swag of stuff from RuneQuest Con Down Under (1996). This includes several seminar transcripts, character narratives from the epic LARP-freeform "Home of the Bold", and other material I just couldn't cram into QL II ("92 pages of undiluted Gloranthan gold", sez David Hall). So, for even more undiluted Gloranthan gold from RQ Con DU, check out the special section at my web page:

http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/

Contents include:

Loads of stuff to have a squizz at!

Cheers

MOB PS I've also added a "Other Links" section - not Gloranthan, but the humble beginnings of a general MOB Web Page.

>From the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.89df/3442r.tuft] New titles in the Reading Room, an irregular series: "The corellation between beard length and publication frequency at the Nochet Temple of Lhankor Mhy, 1489-1572 ST", by Festus Longbeard.*

*Thanks to Chris, one of the players in the double-team mega-session of "The Getting of Wisdom" for this 'un!

Michael O'Brien
Bayswater Primary School
Mountain Highway,
Bayswater, Victoria