Gloranthan Health Care

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:22:33 +0100 (MET)

Nick Brooke made an very good article on Healing & Resurrection in Glorantha.

(Thank you for the precisions, I didn't see the paragraph in _River
of Cradles_. It solves many of my players'problems. Oh, and this wasn't a quest for argument against my GM. In fact, I'm the GM - and I have never played as a PC with RQ).

But I think the Resurrection may be too easy. The Underworld spirits must struggle against the Healer to prevent the ritual. Every Resurrection could be a Quest.

When you want to play a "Murder Mystery", a "Whodunnit" in Glorantha, the victim may often come back. This may be inconvenient for a referee
(especially if she didn't predict it...).

You have three solutions :

  1. the victim did not see the murderer, did not recognize him, or have false memories (the victim saw an innocent person whom he takes for the killer). But the mystery may be less "dramatic" because the victim is alive.
  2. there was a murder (there are obvious clues) but the corpus delicti is nowhere to be found.
  3. Use one of the Ways described in David Cake's famous "Killing people so that they stay dead"
    (on http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Glorantha/killing-people.html
    and recent Digests). Except the Jraktal Blade, radical technics are often complicated
    (cremation of the body, crucifixion...). It's easier to
    trap or destroy the soul of the victim. If the murder was horrible enough, the spirit could come back with a very low SANity, or amnesia.

Fred
- --
mailto:ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/ferro/index.html "HOiPHILOIOUDEISPHILOS"