Various

From: Nikk Effingham <eng7nje_at_arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:03:24 GMT

GODUNYA I have to admit, while I normally prefer high fantasy, powerful magic to less flamboyant ideas, I find that Pete Metcalfe's idea of Godunya as a senile old fool quite appealing. If only I thought my players would ever visit Kralorela........

HERO WARS TIMELINE I don't know what the problem about the Hero Wars timeline is, the ONLY official sources that contain useable data are Glorantha boxed set and King of Sartar, and both are _very_ skimpy.As the information in Glorantha (none of which has dates, very few accurate names and none have any outcomes) is not particulary constraining, and asks more questions than it answers I can't see that being a problem. Anyhow, how are the players suppossed to stop the Elves from attempting to Reforest Fronela? The first they'll hear about it will be when the event takes place - and if they _stop_ it (or help it), all the better - we don't know whether it succeeded or failed.

I assume the problem is King of Sartar - but even then it's very skimpy on details. Other than killing the Superheros like Harrek or Jar-Eel, or destroying the Lunar Empire early, the players cannot come into conflict with the set timeline. As the set timeline is exceedingly loose, with very few set events and dates, I doubt you could have problems with it any other way. The example given was to do with a Quest with Thanatar's Head. Even if the players ambushed and slew Thanatar this wouldn't make a jot of difference in the so-called official timeline of KoS - I can't remember Thanatar playing a part at all (different problems arise if you killed Orlanth or other major deities, but as this has never really happened in Glornatha, I doubt your players should be the first to do it : )

MYSTICISM Has anyone got any hard and fast rules for the Kralorelan Mysticism?

SAINTS A small aside for Sandy's Saint rules. My players came up with an intresting use for the blessing of St. Daly. One was to invoke the blessing to instantly suceed in the resistance roll with a Sever Spirit spell - one damn near sure fire way to kill anyone with a POW even close to your own. Obviously this only works in Stygian lands where Sever Spirit and Saints exist in unison. Not true for the second use they came up with, otherwise labelled "The Malcolm Price Answer to Illumination" where you manage to learn 1 Riddle (not so hard), sacrifice 8 POW to get the version of Arkat as a Saint who allows you a chance at Illumination everytime he is invoked, then invoke him and use the blessing of St. Daly to instantly suceed : ))) Before I get flames or the type for the obvious flaws in these schemes, I just thought that these examples of rules in play might be of intrest to some people.

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
eng7nje_at_leeds.ac.uk
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/