Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #370

From: Christoph Luehr <christoph_at_tlnet.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:54:33 +0000

I wrote:

>I let the players meet the famous NPCs unknowingly, so starting major
>historical events without even knowing it. Later, days or weeks after
>the event, the players notice what they have done, in pocitive or in
>negative. In the later case thats gives the players the opportunity
>to go on a new adventure to solve the problem they themselves had
>started.

Which brought Simon to ask:

>Sounds interesting. Can you share any examples of this in action with
>us? I've seen that sort of thing work very well in Star Wars, but not in
>Glorantha except during freeforms.

I must disapoint you. I didn't play a adventure this way yet. It is just how my plan to let the players participate in the Herowars. I don't like it when the pleyers own highpowered magical items for long. It disturbs the gamebalance. There is nothing against let them find a hmagical thing and bring it to xy. Thats the way I plan to let them meet Kallyr shortly before the fall of Whitewall, they have to find Item and bring it to her, then Whitewall falls, and the players are in the mess. Or I let them visit when the Pharaoh disapers, and so on. I have not yet written an adventure in this style, but if I will, I can send it to you if you wish.

CU

            Christoph

I am available under ICQ under UIN 2006773