I finally did it.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:29:10 GMT

I finally decided to drop my players right in it.

Having got them settled down in Refuge (which is to be their refuge from the fact that the Lunars want to nail them to things in Pavis) they have discovered that the previous Lhankhor Mhy priest at the Lightbringers temple went barking mad and started burning his personal notes and filing system before he was stopped. The Lunars seemed very interested in getting access to the LM library.

A search produced a book with a purple cover (the colour of nobility and the EWF as the LM Acolyte in the party spotted) which was printed (printed!) in a peculiar script that seemed to be a version of Heortlander/Sartarite.

The Acolyte naturally decided to use his Translate spell. And got the shock of his life.

First the God himself spoke to him, begging him not to use that spell on this book. The god found himself knowing what he could not possibly know.

Then he started to see the meaning of the book. The title was: KING OF SARTAR by Greg Stafford. It purported to be a history of the future. He managed to read as far as the beginning of Annotated Argrath's Saga before passing out from the strain.

They now have certain decesions to make.... (Heh! Heh!)

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.