Re: Guerilla Warfare in Sartar and Prax

From: Stephen McGinness <S.McGinness_at_csm.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:17:09 +0000

Lee Insley wrote fairly convincingly about how the Lunars might maintain clan co-operation in Prax and Sartar, and on some of the reasons that individuals would not participate in raiding and guerilla warfare.

He then went on seemingly to contradict all of the above by providing a way for Eurmali to become the rebel forces. As far as I can see many would consider the Eurmali outside of the law. If the Lunars did come to complain I could see people from all clans shrug their shoulders and say "Eurmali, what can you expect." This would be a neat way around the hostage situation, as the Lunars are unlikely to precipitate large scale retribution by clans for "disposing of a few hostages" for reasons that would not be accepted by the clans.

I could even see clans surreptisciously help the Eurmali by leaving useful goods unguarded that would be "stolen" by the wretched tricksters then ultimately used against the Lunars.

I _like_ the idea. It would make a very
interesting campaign, and I think a group of tricksters might be pandemonium to referee!!

Stephen McGinness