Re: stuff

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:39:41 -0500

Placing their trust in Tricksters? Now we *know* the rebels are out of their minds!

Panu neatly demonstrates the cohesiveness and unity of the Sartarite tribes, in a related post. A pox on the Poss, anyway.

Peter wrote:

> I don't know who built [Knight Fort], but my guesses are either the
> God Learners when they controlled God Forgot and/or the Pharaoh. It
> could have even been a recent construct dating from King Richard the
> Tiger-hearted.

My guess: a GL-era Western-style fortification, empty some of the time, and most recently occupied by Richard the Tiger-hearted. He and his men could have been hired by the King of Heortland *specifically* to guard the desert frontier against hordes of Praxian nomads (those yipping Impalas, whooping High Llamas, grunting Bison and all their ilk). Think of Fort Zinderneuf... Plus, of course, Richard's place in "crusading" imagery, inevitable given his uninspiring name, is fixed if he can be campaigning in a desert country... neat source of imagery if nowt else.

::::
Nick
::::