Re: Prax campaign

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 23:23:15 -0800

Richard Develyn is trying to come up with reasons for nomad characters to stick together.

One thought that occurs to me is that there may be "another" Argrath White Bull. Greg has several times suggested that Sartar wasn't the only person trying to unite the Quivini tribes, and a few similar cases I forget, and from this I get the sense that times are simply ripe for something to happen. Argrath was simply the most successful to forge union between the tribes. But perhaps in your campaign, there's someone else trying the same thing? It's possible he ends up being revealed as AWB, more likely he's a less successful version whose small successes end up being considered part of AWB to later historians.

> I'm wondering how some of the minor clan
> cults ever get enough initiates to support even a minor temple

There are no doubt temporary temples, probaby most likely when the clan or tribe gets together, less frequently when initiates of several tribes meet.

A sunken cradle is cool -- perhaps the giant is still there, in some sort of stasis.

The Five Eyes Temple as I recall is mostly newtlings, but dragonewts visit (there's a dream dragon sleeping in one of the caves).