Orlanth Rebellious

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 98 08:07:27 -0500

Kudos to Martin Dick for a fascinating Orlanth alternative, although I disagree with many of the particulars. I am especially at odds with the notion that damnation is the only possible end for a initiate of Orlanth Rebellious, as even Orlanth himself was not so completely and utterly damned that he could not make recompense.

Regardless, I think the subcult is certainly alive and well in post-conquest Sartar, even to the extent of having widespread popular support and sufficient political influence to render it a threat to Lunar dominance. It seems likely to me that the Cold Wind Movement would be an ideal place for the subcult to gain a foothold, and that group's more fanatical members would make promising initiates of the Widdershins Path.

Sarostip Cold-eye of "Home of the Bold" fame seems a likely leader for the modern resurgence of the subcult, although he might name it "Orlanth Avenger" or even "Humakt Avenger", as that seems a little more in line with what we already know about Sartarite cultural myth.

Michael Schwartz mschwartz_at_mindspring.com Ann Arbor, MI USA

"What if life actually *was* fair, and we somehow deserved all the truly awful things that happened to us?" -- Marcus Cole, Babylon 5