Re: Captive Red Emperor & more

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 23:38:26 +0100

MOB and Peter and MOB again:

> >*BTW, Peter's recent idea that there might have been (still is?) some sort
> >of post-Manzikert "captive Red Emperor" held somewhere in Kralorela is one
> >of the coolest things I've heard in a long while!
>
> >>Still lives IMO.
>
> Like a lot of stuff coming out about Kralorela lately (hell notes, eighth
> bridge, the heavenly kingdoms, etc.) this is a great example of whacky
> Gloranthan creativity at its best*! Are we talking a humilated prisoner,
> held up to ridicule in a golden cage (sort of like, say, the Emperor Romanus
> Diogenes wasn't?), a tame Prince Orhan-like pretender held in reserve as a
> diplomatic bargaining chip, or something completely different?

Howsabout drugged on black lotus, kept happy with nubile ivory skinned slant-eyed maidens, in a blissful stupour where he gladly accepts a subjugated position? All to ensure that the troublesome newcomer moon can be said to be voluntarily under the rule of the Dragon Empire.

Stephen:
> Nils the Impossibly Humble (and thus proof of his illumination) :)

Hey, I got a new epithet!

> or the Grey Age Emperor's becoming the Sun.

I'm a bit wary of that. Which emperor would that be? The ones which we only know the names of are Vayobi and Vashanti. Hmm.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689