Re:GCDU etc (Illumination)

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:57:19 +0000

 David Cake says :

> I noticed that during Sandy's God Learning seminar, he
specifically
>denied that the God Learners were Illuminated, saying that it would be
>pointless for them, while in Questlines II (a treasure trove of
Gloranthan
>lore! buy it now!) you can read Greg saying the exact opposite at the
end
>of his heroquest seminar. I haven't decided which I believe yet, though

>Gregs is probably edging ahead so far.

I haven't got a copy of Questlines II so i don't know what Greg said.

The God Learners were certainly aware of illumination, but I don't think they pursued or disseminated it widely. I think the answer is simply that the two mysteries of illumination and God Learning are basicaly unrelated. Greg and Sandy haven't bothered spending much time sorting out a precise answer between them because it just isn't that important.

If you're trying to figure out illumination of God Learning you're better off considering them in isolation.

Simon