Gold Wheel Dancers

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 23:57:30 EST

Andrew Joelson
> Um, sorry, but this question came up in two of the seminars at GC
IV;
>Sandy made it clear that a Gold Wheel Dancer really was required. The
fact
>that they died out at the end of the First Age, coupled with Robcraddle,
>are responsible for the cessation of Elder Giant breeding.
> Supposedly, there were lots of sentient races that 'could not make
the
>cut', when the Dawn came, the enviroment was too different. Elder
Giants
>and Gold Wheel Dancers took longer, but are reaching/reached th same
end.
>Yet another race that dies out over time....

Well, it can certainly always be Gold Wheel Dancers guarding the Giant Cradles in your Glorantha and Sandy's, but I find it more interesting to have different types of guardians, especially since the GWD's are tacitly associated with Light and/or Sky, and the Elder Giants seem to be associated with Earth or with none of the Elements.

And I have a hard time believing that the Gold Wheel Dancers, all extinct by the end of the First Age, were somehow still being used as guardians by the giants 300 or so years later. I just don't think there were ever enough Gold Wheel Dancers around to waste so many on a single form and/or task. All IMO.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com