Godunya's eighth bridge

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 08:19:13 +0100

Goofing a bit a little while at work yesterday...

Godnuya's eighth bridge

This is the second last text by Red Tiger's hand, written the day before his death at age 109 (the last one being a short poem). This text is kept at the monastery of Three Towers and Rose Trees, in an enchanted cedarwood box locked with a cobra sign. Only those students which have progressed far towards enlightenment are allowed to read it, as the masters think that it may distract those with less evolved understanding.

I learned of the eighth bridge of our great emperor Ga Dong Ah while meditating. My consciousness had sunk past the Three Stages of Reduction and I was ready to emerge on the other side of the veil. As my third eye opened, I was so startled that I almost went back up the Ladder of Consciousness. As I gazed upon the Final Station {that is the literal translation, the phrase can be embellished as the dragon beyond non-existence}, I saw the span of a stone bridge reach out in a perfect arch.

When I had regained the appropriate state of mind I aproached and started to walk the bridge. It was built of perfectly cut green and blue jade. The surface stones were all perfect hexagons. I proceeded with appropriate humility, for a bridge in this place must be an offering beyond human mind.

The bridge ended halfway past the peak of it's arch. There, an elderly man was slowly extending the bridge stone by stone. When I approached he turned towards me and met my gaze with a benign smile on his golden face. I have never had the honour to see the glorious Dragon Emperor, but I knew immediately that standing before me was the exalted Ga Dong Ah. Beyond him was mist, but through the mist I could glimpse a shore and golden tower roofs. Then I knew that the bridge would reach the Heavenly Kingdoms.

I knew that he knew that I knew and then he turned back to his work. I turned also and walked back across the bridge and up the Ladder.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689