A Rose By any other Name

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_clipper.ens.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:53:34 +0100 (MET)

Richard the Tiger-hearted, the Rokari Robin Hood, is, like=20 Leonardo, a tongue-in-cheek reference to the RW I would prefer=20 to avoid IMG.I'd rather call Richard the Tiger-hearted=20
"Richard d'Estaurenic" but I wonder if a younger son of=20
the Count of Estaurenic could use this name.=20 The solution may be to change the reference from the King=20 of England to Ivanhoe. Richard's nickname would be=20
"the Disinherited" (El Desdischado, the "Prince Of the Abolished=20
Tower" in Gerard de Nerval's sonnet).

Another name is strange : Barbarian Town. Why would the Orlanthi or the Pol-Joni found a city with such a name? Who call it this way? Sun Dome Templars?=20 Should it be something like "Alakoring Town"?=20

Fred
- --
"Et j'ai deux fois vainqueur travers=E9 l'Ach=E9ron :
Modulant tour =E0 tour sur la lyre d'Orph=E9e Les soupirs de la sainte et les cris de la f=E9e."-- Nerval's Heroquest