Ramalia

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:58:25 +1300 (NZDT)

Vesa Lehtinen:

> Does anyone have an idea what kind of place Ramalia could have been
>before the Slontos went under ? "Infested with mraloti hsunchen", well,
yes, >but anything beyond that ?

It was an Orlanthi (but not Heortling) Kingdom during the early years of the first age (150 to 206 ST according to the Broken Council Guidebook) which fell apart presumably under the impact of Mraloti and Pralori invasions. The Guidebook mentions that it had become Malkioni by 355 ST but gives no details.

It was apparently part of the Empire of Light as Arkat spent fifteen years fighting in Slontos (425-440 ST). Afterwards it became some sort of organised country as the Troll God paper handout mentions a war with Slontan Marines around the start of the seventh century. It quickly became a principal state within the God Learner Empire and even the Emperor felt impelled to lead an army there to defeat the Loper People in 805 ST (whereupon they vanished).

I've a reference somewhere that the Slime Deer are Slontan (I think it was a post by Sandy telling about Slontos's last days) and given that _Dorastor_ mentions that the Slime Deer were caused by the conversion of the Sleek Deer God to chaos during the Chaos Wars, this would fit.

I imagine that the land suffered terrible curses from the Temple of the United Eurmal and some of these japes still continue to this day. To give Ramalia a grim atmosphere, I would suggest that these japes have a malicious and/or horrific aspect (ie stored red wine turns to blood).