Fall of the Silver Empire

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:58:29 +1300 (NZDT)

Joerg Baumgartner

[We are arguing about when the Silver Empire Fell. I say after the Sunstop based on some reference in Code #2]

>>And what does 'process of political integration' mean to you?

>Clearing up the shards of the prior destruction, with not too soft a
>brush...

And what is happening in between the times that the Empire fell and the PoPI starts? I find it difficult to believe that hearing news of the Empire's destruction, that the various lords of Fronela would wait 45 years before making power grabs. Even the Tarshites didn't wait that long!

>>And IMO this would be a good description of Malkioni Fronela in the
>>years 385 to 650 ST (when Akem dissolves and Pomons joins Loskalm).
>>Of course there were quite a few nasty wars along the way.

>I'd start this already around 350 if that's the time the Silver Empire
>faltered, otherwise we seem to agree. (!!!)

No mention of this in the Broken Council Guidebook. Furthermore the mention of Fronelan Wizards combatting some powerful heathen god during the Sunstop seems to indicate that Malkioni Fronela was unified at that time. Which would make the Silver Empire still extant.