God Learner Secrets

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:28:38 +1300 (NZDT)

Joerg Baumgartner:

>I agree that the God Learner secret will probably have been limited to
>very few people preparing the way.

It was quite well known in its latter days. IIRC a university in Umathela had graduated about 50,000 God Learners before it was destroyed.

>I am not convinced that the God Learner secret depended on having raided the
>Stygian Empire and its methods of heroquesting. Some of that knowledge must
>have leaked out earlier, anyway.

AFAIK The God Learner Secret is not creative heroquesting and was never said by me to be dependant on creative heroquesting. What has been said is that the Jrusteli gained creative heroquesting from the plunder of the Dark Empire and this enhanced them immeasurably.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #418