Lone Dryads

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 01:42:30 EST

I believe that Sandy Petersen, in his epic and legendary RQ3 playtest campaign, had a lonely dryad somewhere in the Wastes; I am not sure if there was an oasis at this location, though I think so.

She thought she was the last aldryam in the world, and upon meeting a trollkin was convinced that all the trolls were like that. So, she agreed that she and the trollkin might as well end the centuries-long feud.

So, it seems like Sandy at one time thought dryads could survive on their own, though it is obvious this one is not quite all there. Did I remember all of this correctly Sandy?

Philip Hibbs
>I never thought of Prax as a cactus place

I do not think that Prax itself is a "cactus place," but it seems that at least one portion of the Wastes is -- the Cactus Flats. See Tales 14 for more info.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com