Arkatisms.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 08:40:41 GMT

Philip Hibbs:
> I think Arkat got a big shock when he discovered that the changes he
> wrought upon himself while following the path of a god could have
> lasting effects on the god or its cult.

I think that, rather more chillingly, Arkat knew _exactly_ what he was doing, and not to put too fine a point on it, didn't give a monkey's. Mind you, it would have been a pretty big shock for everyone else concerned...

BTW, Peter M's Arkati-mutual-predation comments are spot on, I think. It gets even more scarey when one considers the likelihood of Arkat worshippers doing this who have little of none of the "Arkati secret knowledge" enabling them to play these games with at least _some_ accuracy. After all, if it takes one to know one, but you only _think_ that you're one...

Slainte,
Alex.