Chalana Arroy

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 16:49:56 -0800

Alex, the "Renewer of Old Conversation" responds to Jane Williams' comment: JW> Whereas the Varmandi clan probably need Heal 4 to
> have any effect on a Sartarite of another clan?)
AF>Eep! That may be going a tad far, as the Varmandi likely don't _get_
>Heal 4.

Even though I use PenDragon Pass mechanics, I suspect that a War Clan has less access to Healing magic than a regular clan or a Peace Clan. In my own Taming of Dragon Pass campaign, there is a wise gyda who occasionally makes offerings to Chalana Arroy and is on the clan ring. However, I don't think the clan itself gets much blessings from CA, given that the Varmandi have fairly consistently been a War Clan - with the enthusiastic support of the ranking Earth priestess, if I recall.

I don't think that someone genuinely initiated into CA needs Heal 4 to have any effect on members of other clans - if anything, the cult of CA is one of the very few Orlanthi institutions that is not myopically fixated upon the bloodline-clan-tribe principle of social organisation. Then again, there is a verse about Chalana Arroy:

Lament the burden of the White Lady,
For she is loved by all, but trusted by none.

Jeff