Galin

From: Jose Ramos <jose_at_kobo.es>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:50:47 +0100

        Although I don't claim to know how the Galanini were in the First Age, after the Dark Empire Opression, the Jrusteli domination and the "back to basics" movement at the fall of the GLs, I think they have been quite stable the last five hundred years or so.

        I think all the henotheist churches in Safelster tried to return to what they were inmediately before or inmediately after Arkat (depending on preference and capability). Galin was one of the first, as a bunch of Ehilm descended sun followers are bound to have troubles with a "Dark Empire".

        So they "rediscovered" a few families descended from Ehilm, tried to return to the privileged position with the Father of Horses, but they remained firm believers in an Invisible God above all (GL influence runs deep). Now their caste structure has also a distinct patron god, from the Ehilm descended Lords, to the Horse Lord knights and the Green Lady peasants, held together by the Wise ones.

        I always thought that Maklamann was one of the first converts to Arkat's new Humakt, and he became the leader of the new humaktis. There were conflicts between Humath and Humakt followers, and conflict between the two of them.

        For Joerg and Peter, the sources can be read in multiple ways, so
you will have to make them up. The most convincing will win.

        Jose