Spirit Cults

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:00:03 -0800

Hi, confused non-shaman of mundane plane here.

Can anyone tell me exactly how spirit cults work.

I have a player who wants to be a Troll shaman, and although I have Troll Gods, I don't understand exactly how he goes about gaining divine magic from these spirits.

  1. How do you initially contact a _specific_ spirit?
  2. Can you 'worship' more than one, or are you limited to only the one divine spell?
  3. How do you re-use the spells, do you need to set up your own shrine to each spirit? Do you need 'Worship <spirit>' If so, how do you get it?
  4. I assume it is still preferable for him to be an initiate of KL (now where is that write up?!) if he wishes to be accepted by other Trolls.
  5. Anything else I should know?

Please help me, my concept of the spirit plane is sketchy at best!

Thanks
Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net