Spirit Cults

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:24:48 +1300 (NZDT)

Ralph Plowman:

>Can anyone tell me exactly how spirit cults work.

A good description can be found in Gods of Glorantha or ToTRM#14 p63.

>a) How do you initially contact a _specific_ spirit?

It requires a shaman to hunt down the spirit on the plane and make contact with him. The resulting contact (which may differ from spirit to spirit in details) will confer the shaman with contact [spirit].

>b) Can you 'worship' more than one, or are you limited to only the one
>divine spell?

You can worship more than one spirit. Rare spirits may have two or more divine spells.

>c) How do you re-use the spells, do you need to set up your own shrine
>to each spirit? Do you need 'Worship <spirit>' If so, how do you get it?

A shrine or idol to each spirit is required. One can have two or more idols in his holy area. Contact spirit is the spell used for worshipping the said spirit.

>d) I assume it is still preferable for him to be an initiate of KL (now
>where is that write up?!) if he wishes to be accepted by other Trolls.

That is correct.