MOB's Glorantha Page: New additions

From: Michael O'Brien <mob_at_bayswater.schnet.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:47:01 +1100

G'day all,

MOB's Glorantha Page: New additions

I've just added another scenario to MOB's Glorantha Page. This 'un, "Last Tango in Pavis", is a pre-MGF slice-n-dice RQ3 tournament, featuring my favorite Gloranthans - the Sun Dome templars of Prax. Once again the lozenge's looniest baboon Melo Yelo appears, as the amiable xenophobe Mars Melus from "Mad Prax Beyond Sun Dome". I guess this adventure takes place at an undefined time sometime after the events in "Mad Prax", but the two scenarios are not
linked in any way and can stand alone.

This tournament was inspired and co-written by Brian Hebert, and was played at Necronomicon III in Sydney, New South Wales in 1993, Convulsion '94 in Leicester, England and RQ Con II in San Fransisco the following year. I had loads of fun running this at conventions, especially at RQ Con II where one team (including Nick Brooke and some of the lads from Seattle/Victoria) finally dispensed with dice altogether and used beer bottle tops to determine outcomes. The more beer drunk, the more variables we added to the game! (This was also the game were we had to make up an extra PC on the sly, and made him a disgraced 79 year old Light Priest who farted in the temple or something. When Rich, the guy playing him asked what geases his character had, we all replied, "All of them!" It made for some very amusing roleplaying (though I assure the scenario itself is quite serious!).

I've also added a link to Peter Metcalfe's page, which features extensive timelines for a number of regions across the lozenge: an invaluable resource for Gloranthan historians!

Finally, I've redesigned my front page so it loads faster.

Thanks to everyone who's already visited the site and sent me comments!

Cheers,

MOB
Michael O'Brien
Bayswater Primary School