Wilde? I was furious.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 05:14:37 GMT

Guy Hoyle commented on Animals With Spells:
> I always liked this idea, too, and have always thought that the
> otherwise bland and generic "spell spirits" might instead be various
> animal (or other nature) spirits.

I'm _sure_ this is true, regardless of whether the other notion is. Really, it comes down to one of either: which cultural viewpoint to go with; and/or, what game mechanic seems the Coolest.

> Herdmen can be taught all kinds of useful tricks; they are more
> intelligent than other herd beasts, after all (2d6+6 INT, after all,
> even if it is Fixed).

I thought they had INT 7? Don't ask me for a source, mind... Your point remains true, of course.

Peter Metcalfe bothers me with Mere Facts:
> >Ramadan is between the two, but is closer to the WS, if we're going
> >to split weeks.

> Sorry to be such a pedantic nuisance but Ramadan actually cycles
> through the solar year as it's based on the lunar calender

D'oh! That's what I get from extrapolating from one data point (when it was this year). I'll say "typical Computer Scientist", before anyone else beats me to it. I had a feeling there was a lunar element to its calculation, but I assumed it was not much more so than easter.

Just noticed a PM post from three months ago mentioning the same "blank land" conversation as I just (re-)posted. Oh no, I've entered my Repeated Anecdotage!

"Mr. Ferguson posts much that is correct, and much that is original. Unfortunately..."

Slainte,
Alex.