Humakti new or otherwise

From: Colin Phillips <cphill12_at_ford.com>
Date: 20 Feb 1998 03:11:18 -0500

TO: glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com

Steve (in response to me) wrote

>The extreme fanatic humakti who can't even use healing on themselves,
>is getting too wierd, I don't mind the odd example of such, but if all
>of them are like that I can't see that many make it to Runelevel

Of course!(slaps forehead) I had never even considered that the prohibition would be against healing even themselves, I was thinking more in terms of healing from A.N.Other person, who wasn't Chalanna Arroy (the rest of the party). Thats a real eye opener.

I am not sure where I stand on this, probably on stoney ground....

I also am against the "new" humakti if you follow sergio's line of thinking that even ressurrection is possible. As for the intiation rites being funeral rites etc. I am afraid I am a big supporter.

Also First Aid being aligned to life and magical healing not, I can't see it. To me, first aid is stopping you bleeding to death, sewing up wounds and allowing the body to heal naturally. Magical healing just accelerates the process. If you don't like one, how can you like the other? (of course the same cticism can be aimed at me ;))

A question to the rest the digest:

We have heard about the Granite Phallanx etc of the Lunar army. But are there regimental names for the schools of magic that take the field? It seems odd to refer to them just a Schools of Magic, should they have names like The Crimison Sorcerers or Silver Magicians of the Moon.

Colin

BTW Steve, my name is spelt Colin Phillips not Collin Philips.

Regards,
Colin Phillips