Arkat the Deceiver

From: Joerg Baumgartner <jorganos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:40:25 CET

Peter replying to David Dunham:
>>This is how I view things (except that, of course, Arkat *is* the
>>deceiver). The Theyalans brought cool deities and civilization.
>>Arkat destroyed the latter, and brought troll domination.

>The curious thing is, I was looking at some of the descriptions in
>the Ralios Writeup and wondered that if some of the things that
>Arkat did could really have been some of the things that Nysalor
>once did. For instance, the Elf Lord marching out of Ballid and
>Trolls settled at Guhan..

At least for a time - it appears that Arkat had some of his first Krjalki fighting experience against trolls somewhere around Guhan. The Arkat-elf alliance might be possible early on - the Brithini of Brithos had long arranged themselves with the aldryami, unlike the Seshnegi who - - after one of their serpent kings and another leader had married dryads (who are able to reproduce with humans due to their innate magic, unlike brown elf females) who left their husbands after giving birth to a few sons and one daughter. The kings first searched for their wives, then tried brute force to get them back. Needless to say that this caused some bad blood (or sap) and ended the amiable relations which had been intended with these marriages...

But Arkat taking credit for what was good about Nysalor's reign would be typical.

(Yes, this is an agreement statement... you can close your mouths now.)

Joerg Baumgartner (via Hotmail)
mailto:joe_at_toppoint.de