Waerdeli

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 15:28:49 +1300 (NZDT)

Nick Brooke:

>I fully expect the Waertagi to double-cross the Vadeli, and be double-
>crossed in turn. But the reasons for alliance ("We *both* hate those
>Brithini bastards!") are very cogent in the shorter term, whatever the
>two equally-despicable forces plan for their allies in the long run.

IMO whoever makes alliances with the Vadeli makes them with the knowledge that the Vadeli will eventually betray them. And so they make plans to double-cross the Vadeli first.

Unfortunately before they have a chance to put into action their cunning plans to do the dirty on the Vadeli, they tend to come to facedown in a swimming pool with a knife in the back.

To add make the betrayal even more poignant IMO, the Vadeli should co-opt the PCs as the instruments of their stab-Mr-Demigod-Waertagi - -in-the-back. This will halt the Waertagi threat to humanity at the very hour of their victory. Unfortunately the PCs will now witness the Vadeli Empire reaching its zenith and know that they helped to bring this about. The only people who could possibly save them are those demigod Waertagi whom they just stabbed...

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #448