The Glorantha Digest V5 #449

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 15:35:33 -0500

Hi All,

 I sometimes wonder as to how much of the divisions in the Holy Country were created by the Pharoah for his own means and history adjusted accordingly. If the God Learners could do this sought of thing, then why couldn't he. By encouraging and supporting the development to extremes of each of the cultures underlying philosophies, he may have created the mythical engine to support his immortal existence.  I am not saying that the people of the places did not lean in these direction, he just nudged them a little further along he predestined paths. Much like an Arkatian heroquester who enters the Godplane and adjusts the myths to suit his magical aims, then perhaps the Pharoah has done this within the Mortal Plane by manipulating the cultures surrounding his capital. The repercussions of this would then exist on both the mythical and material environment of the Holy Country, focussd and centred about the 'Creator' of this minature 'Elelmental Universe' aka the Pharoah.

Cheers Simon.

PS I think that this maybe a load of bollocks, but hell it might be worth a shot.