6-Leggers vs God Learners

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:44:06 -0800

One thing I've never been quite clear on is the distinction between the God Learners and the Six-Legged Empire.

It's my understanding that both used god learning techniques, but that the 6LE ran into religions on the continent of Pamaltela that couldn't be fit as conveniently into the Monomyth, so they diverged. (Similarly, the False Dragon Ring diverged because Kralorela had such different deities.) It also seems clear that the 6LE dealt with the Pamaltelan interior (such as Jolar).

I'm less clear about what went on along the Pamaltelan coast. I think that Umathela was settled by mainstream God Learners (and was one of their prime sites for experimentation). But I don't know which branch was dominant in Fonrit.

Also, while we know lots about the demise of the God Learners (such as the False Gods Revolt in Umathela), I don't think as much is known about what happened to the Six Legged Empire (though their horses certainly failed).

Anyone have facts I'm missing / theories?

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #450