humakt burial ceremony.

From: Bill Thompson <interlit_at_pacificcoast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:04:06 -0800 (PST)

 I particularily like the notion of the funeral ceremony for rune initiation. This makes for some fantastic roleplaying of the actual ceremony. What a spirit walk that would be....

The concept of the Funerary Bridge as a mythic link to the spirit world is well known.

The Egyptians used a funeral rite in their coronation rituals and in current rituals the masons are buried and then raised upon achieving master rank.

Yet I have to wonder, if a humakti is already spiritually dead then does it really matter how his physical self is terminated. Wouldn't his spirit self already reside with Humakt?

Bill Thompson

"I remember gaudy days

        when the year was springing:
Tammuz, Gilgamesh, and I