Yolanela

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 00:58:27 +1000

G'day all,

Yolanela

David Dunham:
>>I must have missed some context here, but -- how old are you saying
>>Yolanela is?

Peter Metcalfe cites Nick Brooke's splendid story on my web page:

>She's aeons old and remembers Emperor Sarenesh.
>For more details cf:
>http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/yolanelaspurned.htm

Nick's story is well worth a visit everyone, but it doesn't claim that Countess Yolenela is "aeons old". What Yo's doing here is recalling Dark Secrets from ancient Spolite witchcraft, of which she is a devotee and heir. She knows what happened to the Emperor Sarenesh, but *she* wasn't the one that did it to him - she just wants to do the same to Moonson! (which is why Mikos Theokinos won't let her near him - see my story "The Son of Light Awakens" also available at MOB's Glorantha Page.)

Peter, your ability to extrapolate Gloranthan grooviness from the merest potshard is admirable, but here mate, as one of the originators of this Yolanela stuff I can assure you've misinterpreted the source. Yolanela is only supernaturally youthful in the way Joan Collins is...

>Not an official source to confute the contention that all immortals
>must be Brithini but one nevertheless persuasive IMO.

Please note that I don't pretend *anything* on my Glorantha Page is "official" (nasty word), though I hope *all* of it is reasonably persuasive...

Cheers

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
  48 Fitzgibbon Street, Parkville VIC 3052, Australia   +61-3-9347-3303
  MOB's Glorantha Page: http://gateway.bayswater.schnet.edu.au:81/~mob/