Humakt and Healer.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:10:27 GMT

My own assumption is that loosing the ability to accept healing is an effect of being tied *very strongly* to the Death Rune, so strongly that one's natural affinity to the Life Rune begins to be lost. I would assume that most Humakti aren't so strongly affected. Certainly most Initiates aren't.

A few Swords would be devout and dedicated enough to start to loose the ability to be healed. It would take HeroQuesting (of either type) to make you so totally at one with Death that Life began to vanish from your nature.

In my notes on HQ (a finished version Real Soon Now) I assumed that some Runes are opposed to each other and that extreme devotion to one side of the pair drives down the other side. This could only be overcome by those who were Illuminated and could devote themselves to irreconcilable opposites simultaneously.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.