Lanbril Alchemists

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:55:12 +0800

In Peters Pavis
>>And then there are Lambril gang "alhemists" (who are more like counterparts
>>to RW drug lord "chemists") that manufacture Thunder Lung Dust and
>>everything else described in Lambril writeup in the Pavis pack...
>
>I prefer to think the thieves of Pavis are much less sophisticated
>and they don't have alchemists at all.

        In mine, they have exactly one. I presumed the character 'SnakeFang' to be one. And he can't necessarily do all the things mentioned in the Lanbril writeup either. And certainly not for anyone. I also assume he wasn't trained in Pavis.

        I've often wondered exactly HOW this advanced criminal culture managed to arise, where the thieves had their own alchemists and artificers. I assume it must have arisen in some large urban centre where the thieves have had it good for some time. Probably Nochet.

Andrew Bean
>Thieves Guilds would not exist for lots of good reasons already listed.
>However individual mafiosi type groups/organised crime within each
>town/city seems a certain possibility.

        I've been playing most of the Pavis gangs pretty much this way. The Black Fang cult is certainly a lot like the Mafia.

        Cheers

                David