Humakt, Talor, and Mastakos.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 02:16:32 GMT

Nick Brooke waxes lyrical on the time when:
> our Sword PC was grievously offended by his Orlanthi brother snatching
> his weapon at a peace banquet and using it to slay his long-time foe,
> a Yelmalion -- nice how mythic resonance works, isn't it?

I'm curious as to which player that was, but perhaps names should remain omitted to protected the guilty. There's a fine line between Mythic Resonance and Shameless Pastiche. ;-)

> I imagine a Humakti dad would be disappointed if his son *didn't* fight
> against him, obedient to his oath.

"My own son don't love me any more... It's about time! Love's fer sissies!"

peter metcalfe on Talor, and that cussin' tongue of his:
> IMO he would have chosen Shargash/Tolat
> which being red is more appropos in the maddening blood metaphor.
> However we would need some irregular epicycle of sorts in Shargash's
> orbit on the scale of a week or two as the four week period seems too
> long to screw up the Telmori.

I don't know that we need an epicycle for this, really, but I say: "Yay! Epicycles! Let's have one anyway!" ;-) For woof-purposes, however, if one wished to use Tolat, one could use the four "quarter-days" of his orbit (rising, zenith, setting, nadir) as those Certain Days of the Month. As the last one is invisible, this might be particularly inconvenient to the Telmori, in whose language the phrase for "in seven days time" means, freely translated, "Shit, I don't have that many claws on one paw..."

> So what did Talor think of it all? He must have been laughing
> his head off.

Is it true that one of the two times Talor's laughter failed him is when he heard a truly terrible pun? ;-)

"nillo" says in defence of Inter Continental Guided Teleport (henceforth forever in my mind ICGT):
> Orlanth rose in the blink of an eye from Magasta's Pool to join the
> Lightbringers on Mastakos. The myth seems to support it.

Agreed, but it sounds more like a HQ power to actually _do_ this, rather than a 3-point spell. I have to agree that there are lots of highly playable wrinkles on having something like this happen _very occassionally_... Anyone care for a quick _Terminator_ knock-off?

BTW, which description of the LBQ mentions this incident?

Slainte,
Alex.